Sunday, October 17, 2010

POPPIES AND LEAVES-Poppy Jasper Sterling Silver Ring






Poppies and leaves was inspired by Fall and all the changes in mother earth...

I have set a gorgeous Poppy Jasper into sterling silver..Measuring 22mmx22mmx6mm (approx 1in x 1in) She is hugged securely by scalloped bezel and sits on a sturdy back plate...I set two thick leaves and silver spiral and heat formed ball next to stone, hand sawing around designs I hand filed and buffed her...The Poppy Jasper bursts with oranges, yellows, browns, greens, which you will also see small poppy like flowers..This is where this stone gets her name...I used a thick textured band US SIZE 7..(this ring can not be re-sized..The back is stamped with my initials of CBR...I hand brushed a patina to make the detail pop..Then tumbling her for hours for strength and shine...

Poppy Jasper acts somewhat like adrenaline, waking up and energizing areas of the body that appear to be sleeping. It is believed to encourage a deep connection with the life of the Earth. It inspires a positive, joyful attitude and gives the motivation and energy to take creative action.

No comments:

Post a Comment