Sunday, August 22, 2010

INSPIRE~Tiger Eye Sterling Silver Dangle Earrings


With these earrings come an inspiring infatuation with the Tiger Eye looking deep with in the eyes as they glow and sparkle in the lighting and capture a glimpse of the glow in the evening lights...

I used two very beautiful tiger eyes for this pair of earrings measuring 8mmX10mmX4.5mm...As I am amazed with the beauty of the markings of a tiger and there movements and piercing looks.I tried to capture a little of it all in these pieces..Hand sawing a sturdy sterling silver back plate and a serrated bezel to hug these beauties tight.I applied two hand formed bails at the top and bottom of each piece..I then wire wrapped a thick 18g wire to create a dangle which holds a sterling silver textured ball & at the end of each piece hangs a tiny sterling silver leaf..I handmade the ear wires and applied a heat formed ball at one end of each ear wire..The earrings measure almost 2 inches from the ear wires...the backs are stamped with my initials of CBR..I then hand brushed a patina to the silver to add distinct characteristic to the designs...They were then polished and tumbled for hours for strength and shine...


Many legends say that wearing tiger's eye is beneficial for health and spiritual well being. Legend also says it is a psychic protector, great for business, and an aid to achieving clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment